Source: Press Release
BOOM! Studios has announced Bad Mask, “an all-new multimedia graphic novel experience,” set to release in November. The experience, which is set to make comics even more convoluted than they already are, will take “readers on an immersive, unpredictable storytelling journey into an original superhero universe through a variety of unique print and digital items, including a comic, newspaper, handbook, and more, packaged in a gorgeous deluxe box set.”
“Bad Mask is about an organization of super-powered terrorists that want to take over the world; Metal Metro, the robot that stands in their way; and one young Bad Mask agent’s quest to destroy Metal Metro,” explains Chad. “Gabrielle, a new recruit to Bad Mask, joins to avenge the death of her friend at the hands of Metal Metro. She is dismayed to learn Bad Mask might not be the organization she thought it was, and becomes caught up in a plan to reveal Metal Metro’s true nature and save the world.”
The items contained in the box set include:
- A letter from one of the Great Generals of Bad Mask, explaining the contents of the box and introducing us to the world of Bad Mask.
- A comic book that introduces readers to Bad Mask’s archenemy, Metal Metro.
- A set of Metal Metro trading cards that introduces new characters and new mysteries.
- The Bad Mask Handbook, explaining the organization’s motivation and goals.
- The Meeting Notes introducing readers to the planning and imminent action leading up to Bad Mask’s attack on the Japanese city of Niigata with a mecha.
- A Newspaper that details the attack on Niigata and tells what happened when Metal Metro arrived to defend the city with its own mecha.
- A Magazine containing articles about how Metal Metro has impacted every aspect of life in the world—and not necessarily always for good.
- The Incident Report about an attack on Arctus Evil—Bad…