If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
Fennel takes on such an amazing flavor when it’s roasted as the licorice flavors mellow and caramelize. For these crostini, pair it with spicy radishes and earthy asparagus to create a tangle of roasted veggie goodness. For some different textures, throw some almonds in the mix for a bit of crunch. To create a bit of contrast and be mindful about reducing waste, make a fresh gremolata out of fennel fronds, lemon zest, and garlic to top the crostini. If you don’t have any bread, you can serve this over some greens or your favorite cooked grain and it will still be delicious.
Asparagus Almond Crostini With Fennel Frond Gremolata [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 small bulb of fennel (reserve fronds for gremolata)
- 3-4 radishes
- 6 or 7 spears of asparagus
- Small handful of sliced almonds
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 of a small lemon
For the Gremolata:
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fennel fronds
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
For the Crostini and Assembly:
- 6-10 slices of your favorite gluten-free bread (amount of slices depends on the size of the bread)
- Olive oil
- Smoked sea salt or other flaky sea salt
To Make the Roasted Veggies and Almonds:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Clean the veggies well and trim off any ends or cores if necessary. Slice everything into similar-sized pieces and…