Woman seen on surveillance video leaving 2-year-old on stranger's doorstep

Adjust Comment Print

A woman in Texas was caught on surveillance video abandoning a 2-year-old boy at a stranger's front door.

The incident happened Wednesday around 8:20 p.m.in the 30700 block of Legends Ridge Drive in Spring, according to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.

The woman took him inside and called police who then reviewed her surveillance camera footage. When she ended up in the hospital, she asked a friend to do it.

The video shows the unnamed friend rush up to the doorstep carrying the child by his arm. She carries the boy up to the door by his arm, rings the doorbell and knocks on the door before running away.

She could face a charge of child abandonment, Spencer said. Child abandonment is a third-degree felony. "It was very alarming and very disturbing and my heart was hurting for the child".

Child Protective Services has since taken custody of the toddler and placed him in a foster home amid the ongoing investigation. The incident lasted 23 seconds.

Rihanna Declined Super Bowl 2019 Halftime Show in Support of Colin Kaepernick
Alleging that the league's owners conspired to keep him off a roster due to his anthem protests. She reportedly did so because she doesn't agree with NFL's stance on Colin Kaepernick .

The toddler turns and stares at the woman as she leaves.

She hopped back into the white auto she was filmed arriving in and drove away.

A reporter who joined the efforts discovered that the neighbour was in fact the father of the child.

The woman told the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office that someone rang her doorbell several times and knocked on her door before leaving.

The child was abandoned at the door with two bags. At that time, the father was shown the video and immediately identified the child as his son.

The sheriff's office said, "On the morning of October 18, 2018, the father was leaving his residence when he was approached by our media partners asking if he knew anything about the child". The father told detectives that when the child hadn't arrived in the afternoon, he assumed plans changed and left for the evening.