Golden Retriever Saves Owner From Being Bit by Rattlesnake in Arizona

Adjust Comment Print

When his owner nearly stepped on a rattlesnake during an early morning hike near their home in Arizona, Todd, the golden retriever, knew exactly what to do.

Paula Godwin wrote on Facebook that she was out with her dogs Todd and Cooper on the morning of June 29.

"He jumped right in front of my leg where I surely would have been bit", she wrote. "He jumped right in front of my leg".

Paula told Eyewitness News that as of Sunday night Todd is "playing, [and] doing great".

‘Death to Palestine’ chants erupt at Iranian economic protests
Tehran police deployed tear gas against the protesters, but crowds are gathering around the parliament building. State media in Iran didn't immediately report the Grand Bazaar demonstration.

Money is now being raised on Todd's behalf to provide financial help to other dogs bitten by poisonous snakes in the area. Todd's swollen snout can be seen in the photos Godwin shared on social media. "Please say a little prayer for my sweet hero", she said.

Todd was taken to the Anthem Animal Hospital, where they treated the bite and face swelling.

Godwin had already walked her dogs to the top of the trail and was headed back down when the snake bit Todd. She also thanked the pup's many fans on the internet for their support and kindness.

"Todd's doing so well he is a wonder to me how he is healing", added Paula in a later post on Facebook. "Donations are not towards Todd's bill but for those in need of help in paying unexpected vet bills", explained Paula.

Comments