Lyon categorically denied as "fake news" media reports suggesting that a transfer would take place within hours which would bring 24-year-old Fekir to Anfield once he has finished duty for France at the World Cup in Russian Federation.
Lyon CEO Jean-Michel Aulas stressed earlier this week that Liverpool are unlikely to sign Fekir before the World Cup.
But Lyon have denied those claims, labelling them "false" and urging supporters to ignore rumours until an official announcement is made.
Nabil Fekir was expected to be announced as a Liverpool player on Friday, but that could now be in jeopardy.
Fekir has been strongly linked with a move to Anfield in recent weeks after Jurgen Klopp identified the French global as a prime summer transfer target.
158 migrants land ahead of visit by anti-immigrant Salvini
Salvini said holding centres for those awaiting deportation would be built so "they won't leave from morning till night". While Tria has been critical of the European Union , he is not been seen as an advocate for an exit from the eurozone.
Aulas is said to want Fekir to stay until after the World Cup in the hope of attracting a bigger transfer fee as Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid are also reportedly keen on signing the 24-year-old this summer.
Fekir, who can play in both midfield or attack, is set to fill the creative void left by the January departure of Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona.
Their statement read as follows: "The information on the transfer of Nabil Fekir is false".
Liverpool have been proactive in the transfer market already, with Naby Keita set to join from RB Leipzig having agreed a deal a year ago, while Fabinho - a regular opponent of Fekir in Ligue 1 with Monaco - has also signed.
The newspaper says Fekir is due to undergo his medical at Clairefontaine, the France national team's training base, today before signing his contract and becoming Liverpool's third major signing of the summer.