MIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi appeals to Maharashtra CM to probe Aurangabad violence

Adjust Comment Print

Two people were killed in clashes that broke out between two communities following a dispute over water connections in Aurangabad on Friday night, police said. "Section 144 of the CrPC has been imposed, if group of people are found to be breaking the curfew we will take strict action against them", Bharambe said.

The authorities snapped Internet and social media networks in the city as a precaution late on Friday to prevent rumour-mongering. Scores of vehicles and shops were also set ablaze. There is news of the death of a person so far in violence, while more than 25 people, including 15 policemen, were injured. "However, everything is under control now", said the acting Aurangabad Commissioner of Police Milind Bharambe on Saturday, remarking that normalcy had largely been restored across the city. Reports inform that Police use teargas shells to control the violent mob in the city last night. While a 17 year old boy died in the riots, an elderly man died in blast of a cooking gas cylinder in his shop which was attacked by rioters, the police have said. The clashes then turned violent, when hundreds of youth took to the streets and indulged in stone pelting, burning shops and vehicles.

"Nine people have been admitted and the rest were discharged after being administered first aid", Dr Kailash Zine, resident medical officer (RMO), at Government Medical College, Aurangabad said.

It got a communal colour when an illegal water connection at a place of worship in the area was removed, sources added.

The state deployed components of the State Reserve police, Indian Reserve Battalion in your metropolis, besides rushing compels from neighboring Beed and also Jalna to keep up peace.

Brazil's Neymar admits 'fear' ahead of injury return for 2018 World Cup
The 26-year-old is wanted by Real Madrid , who are planning to offer close to £230 million to get him signed for the Los Blancos this summer.

The worst-hit areas were Shahganj, Nawabpura, Rajabazaar and Angribaug which continued to remain calm but tense. They also burned some vehicles.

The city has been without a full-time Police Commissioner for the past two months.

In response to the violence, All India Majlis-e-Muslimeen chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Saturday appealed to Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis to initiate a probe into the violence between two groups.

"I appeal to the citizens to maintain peace, do not take law in your own hands".