Mecca Masjid case judge resigns

Adjust Comment Print

In Malegaon blasts case, this was exactly what the former prosecutor Rohini Salian had said when she alleged that she had been asked to "go soft" against the accused.

More than 50 people were injured in the powerful explosion which happened during the Friday prayers at the 17th-century mosque near the iconic Charminar on May 18, 2007. Only five accused faced trial as two are still absconders. Both blasts planned on a gap of five months in 2007, were termed part of the same conspiracy by NIA.

"It is happening in each case since the government was formed four years ago.people are losing faith in the agencies", he told reporters.

After the initial investigation by the Andhra Pradesh police, the case was transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which filed a chargesheet. He was earlier acquitted in Ajmer Dargah blast case and also got bail in the Samjhauta Express blast case of 2014.

Monday's judgement was about five accused who were chargesheeted by NIA.

Special NIA judge Ravindra Reddy who delivered the Mecca Masjid Verdict. Two other accused - Sandeep V Dange and Ramchandra Kalsangra - were absconding, while Sunil Joshi was murdered.

Meghan Markle returns to the United States for visa application
In one particularly racy scene Meghan is seen undressing actor Michael Rady as her character tries to make a move in a dimly-lit apartment.

As reported by Hindustan Times, the NIA took over the probe in 2011, and arrested four people linked to a Hindu extremist outfit.

The confession became the most vital proof for the NIA to corroborate other little evidence it had since it got both these cases well after the occurrence of the blasts, almost four years later.

Judge Ravinder Reddy of the special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court, who cited lack of evidence for the acquittals, gave no reason for his sudden resignation.

Patra demanded that Congress president Rahul Gandhi and his predecessor Sonia Gandhi apologise for defaming Hindus.

In 2010, Aseemanand had allegedly confessed that he and other right wing activists were involved in bombings at places of worship across the country to take revenge against the "terror acts of Muslims". More than 200 witnesses were grilled and 400 documents were submitted to the court.

He said nothing incriminating was recovered from any of the accused, and that there was no corroboration to the "confessional" statement of Aseemanand.

Comments